Since I got my NutriBullet I have been hooked on having smoothies for breakfast. Over the past 5 months I have created lots of wonderful recipes that are predominantly based on fruit and nuts. They are filling and keep you going until it’s time for the first morning snack.
I recently experimented with a new home made recipe which I deem to be my greatest invention yet. It tastes like cake mix or creamy biscuits without any of the guilt.
Prep Time: 2mins
Cooking Time: 2mins
- Frozen Banana x 1
- Macadamia nuts – 1 handful
- Dates (small) x 4
- Cinnamon – dash
- Coconut water – 330ml
- Throw all the ingredients in the Nutribullet at the same time and twist to blitz
- In about 30-45 seconds you should be good to go!
I have to say I am a real advocate of the bullet. It just blitz’s everything so quickly, although god forbid there is anyone asleep in your house at the time of making as they will be sure to wake up by the noise which is similar to a rocket launcher.
I usually also chuck in any exercise lotions and potions like creatine but that is because I am one of those people who likes that sort of thing. You don’t need it for taste. I wouldn’t recommend that you put protein powder in it. It’s already got decent protein and calories because of the nuts and if you are a woman or trying to lose weight, it’s just not going to happen if you chuck in another protein source. Its just going to bulk up the calories.
- Always freeze the bananas. This makes the smoothie really creamy and means that you don’t need to use any milk/nut milks. I find milk really bloating and so this recipe is perfect to make you feel full but trim
- Buy bananas en masse. When they are super ripe, peel them then keep them in individual bags to put in the freezer
- When I am marathon training I just add in another banana each day and up the macadamias to give me more calories
- In my opinion, this (and all smoothie recipes) taste ‘orrible and bland with non-frozen bananas. Life’s too short to eat bland food. Freeze ’em
- You can also make this recipe with regular water, but it is much sweeter with coconut
Please let me know if you would like more smoothie recipes. I have a full arsenal.